Women experience the most agony during those 3-7 days of the month. They’re also quite gloomy. Many things can help with the pain, but the lady must take adequate care of her health during this time of the month. Aside from maintaining personal hygiene, the following practices should be avoided:
1. Wearing the same pad all day can cause vaginal infections and bad odors. Whether you bleed heavily or not, the pads must be replaced every 3-5 hours.
2. You are already in pain; therefore, do not push yourself to cause more pain. Things like waxing or planning a root canal should be avoided.
3. Having unexpected sex during your period increases your risk of infection. As a result, you should avoid sexual activity during your period.
4. Doing vigorous exercises during this period can harm and strain your body.
5. Avoid skipping meals during your periods because you are already losing a lot of energy and blood. Take three regular meals and several snacks in between.
6. Avoid having food cravings in the middle of the night because it will harm your body. It is unable to digest all of the oily food that enters.
7. Menstrual cramps may make it difficult to fall asleep at night, but it is highly recommended that you get a good night’s sleep and relax your body after a long day of exertion.
8. Milk products contain arachidonic acid, which can aggravate cramps during your period; therefore, avoid consuming them.
9. Avoid watching depressing movies or listening to sad songs because they can hurt your psychological health.