How to Recover Your Old Facebook Account: If you’ve forgotten the login details or are having trouble accessing your old Facebook account, you can try the following steps to recover it. Keep in mind that the process might change, and it’s essential to check Facebook’s current help resources for the most accurate information.
Read also, Temporarily deactivate your Facebook account
Recovering Facebook Account:
- Go to the Facebook Login Page:
- Visit the Facebook login page at https://www.facebook.com/.
- Click on “Forgot Password?”:
- Below the password field, you should see a link that says “Forgot Password?” Click on it.
- Identify Your Account:
- You will be prompted to enter either the email address or mobile phone number associated with your Facebook account. Enter the information you used to create the account.
- Search for Your Account:
- Facebook will then search for your account. If it’s found, you will see your profile picture. Click on your account.
- Choose a Recovery Option:
- Facebook will present you with several recovery options, such as sending a verification code to your email address or phone number. Choose the option you prefer and have access to.
- Enter the Verification Code:
- If you chose the email or phone option, you will receive a verification code. Enter this code on the Facebook page.
- Reset Your Password:
- Once you’ve verified your identity, you’ll be prompted to reset your password. Enter a new password that you haven’t used before and that is secure.
- Log In:
- After successfully resetting your password, you should be able to log in to your old Facebook account.
- If you don’t have access to the email address or phone number associated with your old account, you may need to go through the account recovery process, which may involve providing additional information to verify your identity.
- Facebook might ask you to identify friends in photos to enhance security.
If you encounter difficulties during the recovery process or if your account has been disabled, you may need to reach out to Facebook’s support for further assistance. Always follow Facebook’s guidelines and terms of service to ensure a smooth recovery process.