Facebook is the biggest global social media network. Unfortunately, getting in touch with so many different users daily means that you’ll also encounter rude people or people that are bothering you. In that case, you can decide to block them on Facebook or block them on Messenger.
If you do this by mistake or change your mind, there is always an unblock option that will help you get back in touch with the users you blocked. Below you’ll find comprehensive guides to help you learn how to unblock someone on Messenger or Facebook.
How To Unblock Someone On Facebook Messenger: Step-By-Step Guide
Blocking on Facebook and Messenger are two ways to protect yourself from accounts that are bothering you or sending you inappropriate content. You can block these users via your phone or computer.
- Start by opening the Facebook Messenger app on your Android phone.
- Tap on your profile photo that’s located in the top left corner of the phone screen.
- Find the Privacy section on the menu, then tap on it.
- Find the People option, then tap on Blocked People.
- Find the person you want to unblock from the list and tap on their name.
- Tap the Unblock Messages And Calls, and you can now get in touch with the user once again, and they can start sending you messages and call you.
2. How to unblock someone on Facebook on iPhone?
To unblock someone on Facebook using an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Account Settings.”
- Tap on “Blocking.”
- Under the “Block users” section, you will see a list of all the people you have blocked.
- Tap on the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap on “Unblock” to confirm.
Please note that unblocking someone will not automatically add them as a friend again. If you want to be friends with this person again, you will have to send them a new friend request.
3. Messenger Desktop App
- Open the Messenger app on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Click on the three dots button.
- Click Preferences.
- Find the Manage Blocking option and click on it.
- On the left side of the screen, find the Blocking section and click on it.
- Next, click on Block Messages.
- You’ll now see a block list where you can find all the users you’ve blocked and a text box where you can type in the name of the person you want to unblock.
- When you do, click the unblock button right next to their name.
4. Facebook on Web Browser
To unblock someone on Facebook using your web browser on your PC, here are the steps to follow:
- When you log into your Facebook account from your preferred web browser, click on the down arrow button next to your profile picture.
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Select Settings, and Facebook will take you to a new window where you can update your account settings.
- Find Blocking on the menu on your left-hand side and click on it.
- Scroll to the Block Users section, and there should be an Unblock button next to every person you’ve blocked.
- Click Unblock, then click Confirm.
If you block someone on Facebook, it means that they can’t send you messages or call you anymore, and they won’t be your Facebook friend anymore. If you decide to unblock them, they won’t be a part of your friend list anymore.
Is your number of Facebook friends important for Facebook growth? Should you stop blocking people? If you’re trying to grow your business, you should focus on building a successful Facebook page and attracting more potential customers there. If someone’s bothering you, then blocking them is an option you should use. This won’t have a negative impact on your business.
How do you unblock someone on Messenger if you did that by mistake or if you changed your mind? With our guides above, you can learn how easy the process is, and you can unblock users via your phone or your computer. If you press the Block button accidentally, then you’ll have to wait for two days before you can unblock a person. Blocking on Messenger means that those users won’t be able to send you messages or call you. And blocking them on Facebook means they won’t be able to get in touch and won’t be a part of your friend’s list anymore.